A Perfect Start for Mother’s Day
Mother’s Day can start off perfectly with breakfast in bed! Many Moms look forward to having this delicious treat surrounded by their family. Dad and kids, if you’re cooking, here are some practical egg safety tips to keep Mom’s meal special.
- First, always, wash hands in warm soapy water before preparing any food.
- Start with a clean area and make sure all utensils, pans, and equipment are clean.
- Prevent cross contamination by keeping raw eggs and raw meat separate from other ingredients.
- After handling raw eggs, wash hands, utensils and surfaces with warm, soapy water.
- Properly cook eggs and egg dishes to the right temperature.
Refrigerate any leftovers within two hours of cooking. Thoroughly reheat leftovers to an internal temperature of 165°F. Discard leftovers if they are not eaten within two to three days.
Visit incredibleegg.org for some easy recipes and step by step lessons on cooking eggs. For more tips on egg safety follow us on Twitter and Facebook.